Tuesday 12 May 2015

Sweet Adventures with Shirley - Watermelon Cake



Everyone has heard of the typical chocolate, vanilla and cheese cakes but do you ever hear people mention watermelon cakes ?!

The name of this cake would already leave heads spinning! This creative recipe of watermelon with strawberries, roses and petals sprinkled on the top has definitely became a huge sensation which is why I was desperate to try it out.





I have to say that I have not seen watermelon take centre-stage of any cake prior to this one. I was extremely excited since everyone has been talking about this cake so I went to see if the flavours work well for myself.

I was quite amazed of the texture and flavour. The hints of floral was seamless and the sweetness of the watermelon and strawberry was perfect. The sponge was fluffy and chewy with a light perfume of rose and hints of almond running though the whole cake. Besides the fact that this cake was compatible with my tastebuds, the presentation of this cake was beautiful !

I would rate this cake 5 stars as it was divine! I would highly recommend this extraordinary cake at Black star pasty in Newtown !

Enjoy !!

No comments:

Post a Comment